Monday, November 14, 2011

Long Time No Scarf



Greetings, dear readers! One of you sent me a message the other day that said, "I miss seeing new scarves! Any coming down the pipeline soon?"
Thanks for asking! As a matter of fact, I'm swimming in new scarves! With my first craft show coming up next week (gulp!) I have been busy making scarves and not so busy sharing them. So here's a little peek into my life in the last few weeks.

First, there's been a whole lotta warpin' goin' on. Yes, this is my new studio. I promise before & afters and more details later, but you'll see little peeks of it here and there. As you can probably tell, things are still crammed everywhichway and there are a lot of things left over from its previous incarnation as a guest/storage room (for instance, that bed in the corner).
That green line is yarn stretching from the loom to the warping peg on the opposite side of the room.

Newlin, having given up on any hope of a snuggle from his busy mama, decided to settle for proximity and curled up smack dab in the middle of my work.

My jar of waste yarn is filling up! Since around Scarf 18 or 20, I've been adding trimmings and cuttings to this jar. It's a nice little collection of threads from all the scarves. This was taken a week ago, so it's even higher now.

And this is what my table looked like this morning, in the middle of tagging, trimming, and measuring some of my latest.

And here they are - all the scarves you haven't seen, minus three in various phases of washing & drying. As you can see, I've run out of tags! I'm up to 46 now, so it's time to make some more!

I will be back with proper profiles and pictures, but possibly not until after Thanksgiving. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Luck!

Kelly said...

Thanks so much for the good wishes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...