Friday, December 2, 2011

Say Sayonara to Scarf 25 . . .


. . . because it's on its way to Toyohashi, Aichi, Japan!!!! No joke!

It all started with a message on Etsy:
"I love your "Scarf for Men and Women, Handwoven Red & Black"(No25)I would like to get this item!
But I live in Japan.....
Could you send to Japan?"

That's actually a good question, because shipping internationally is complicated. In addition to shipping fees, which can be tricky to calculate before the item is purchased, there are also taxes and duties, which may not be calculated until it gets there. And then there are the forms.

But this intrepid weaver would not be daunted! After a few hours of messages back and forth and lots of digging around for hints and tips, it all came together. And in the end it was much easier than it could have been because PayPal, which creates all my shipping labels for me, prompted me through the necessary customs forms. I'm crossing my fingers that there are no surprises or extra duties due at Japanese Customs, but so far so good.

Have fun in Japan, Scarf 25! Don't forget to write!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...