Sunday, August 7, 2011

"Wow, that's a lot of scarves!"

Today I went yarn shopping and as I checked out the saleslady said to me, "It looks like you have quite a few different projects here."
"Yes," I replied. "I'm making a hundred scarves." (It's thrilling to recall saying this to her, being the first time I've voiced this audacious goal to a non-family member.)
Her eyes got big and her voice dropped low as she looked at me and said, "Wow. That's . . . a lot." She seemed flustered, as if she didn't know quite what to say.
"Yes, that's the challenge."
Her eyebrows remained raised. "Well, GOOOOD luck," she said, as if there were no hope in the world of me possibly achieving this.

Instead of feeling daunted by this response, it made me even more excited and determined. One. Hundred. Scarves. Yes.

Tonight I came home and stayed up late to finish Scarf 5. Only 95 more to go.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...